Minty Winter Tabbouleh
Chopped fresh herbs are the dominant ingredient in this grain salad. For beautiful bouquets of fresh peppermint at bargain prices, shop for the herb at Asian grocery stores.
- ¾ cup bulgur
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh peppermint leaves
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced (2 cups)
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, patted dry, and minced, plus 3 Tbs. oil from jar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
1. Cook bulgur according to package directions. Cool; transfer to bowl.
February 2010 p.27
2. Pulse peppermint, parsley, onion, and garlic in food processor until finely chopped.
3. Stir peppermint mixture, cucumbers, hazelnuts, sun-dried tomatoes and oil, and lemon juice into bulgur. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill30 minutes, or overnight.