Miso-Roasted Eggplant Soup
Miso-coated roasted eggplant provides a rich, creamy base for a hearty blended soup.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil; spray with cooking spray.
2. Stir together miso, orange juice, mirin, brown sugar, and almond oil in small bowl.
3. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with miso mixture, arrange in single layer on baking sheets, and top with onion slices.
4. Roast eggplants and onion 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly caramelized.
5. Transfer eggplants, onion, and any liquid from baking sheets to blender. Add almond milk and 2 1/2 cups boiling water, and purée until smooth, adding more water if soup seems too thick. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.