Mixed-Up Cobb Salad
This favorite main-dish salad traditionally calls for diced chicken or turkey, crisp-cooked bacon and chopped hard-boiled eggs. Avocado, another common ingredient, has been retained in this version. The eggs have been eliminated, and of course the meats have been replaced with healthful soy-based analogs. Look for baked marinated tofu and soy deli slices in well-stocked supermarkets or natural food stores.
- 6 slices soy "bacon"
- 4 to 6 oz. baked marinated tofu or soy "turkey-" or "chicken"-style deli slices, diced
- 1 ripe, medium avocado, diced (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 ripe, medium tomatoes, diced (1 ½ cups)
- 6 cups torn dark green lettuce or spinach leaves
- ¼ cup natural, low-fat French or Catalina dressing, or more to taste