Mole with ?Meatballs?
30 minutes or fewer
30 minutes or fewer Mole is a type of Mexican sauce thickened with nuts and seeds. We used a red mole paste made with dried chiles because its fairly easy to find in supermarkets. If you live near a Latin market, try a purchased green mole (made with fresh chiles and tomatillos) in this recipe. Its even better when made a day ahead. Serve with warm corn tortillas.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cups diced green bell peppers (about 3 medium)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 Tbs. red mole paste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 lb. soy “meatballs”
- 3 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch dice (about 3 cups)