Morning Muffins with Quinoa and Flax
1. Combine quinoa, buttermilk, and flaxseed meal in medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
2. Place raisins in heat-proof bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let stand 10 to 30 minutes to plump. Drain, and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 14 muffin cups with paper liners.
4. Sift together baking mix, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl.
5. Beat eggs with whisk in bowl. Whisk in oil, then honey and sugar. Stir in quinoa mixture. Fold in baking mix mixture until just combined. Stir in raisins and walnuts (if using). Fill muffin cups three-quarters full with batter, and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned on top and toothpick inserted in center of 1 muffin comes out clean. Cool before serving. (Muffins have a slight baking soda taste when warm.)