30 minutes or fewer
Making this stew ahead gives the flavors a chance to develop. Serve over egg noodles, gnocchi, or pan-fried polenta slices.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (10 oz.)
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, diced (1½ cups)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. hot or sweet paprika
- 1 15-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 7 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and onion; reduce heat to medium. Sauté 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add wine, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in flour and paprika. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water, and cook 3 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
STORE/SERVE Cool, and refrigerate in airtight container up to 5 days. Warm in saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir sour cream into warm paprikash mixture just before serving.
March 2013 p.57