Napa Cabbage Rolls
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
8 oz. thinly sliced mushrooms
1 ½ cups (about ½ lb.) diced eggplant
1 12-oz. pkg. unseasoned ground soy "meat"
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. dried oregano
2 cups pasta sauce
1 cup grated low-fat mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray 9x12-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare cabbage leaves, cut out and discard triangular wedge at tough stem end of each leaf, and set aside. Heat large saucepan of water.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and sauté mushrooms, eggplant, soy “meat,” garlic, oregano, salt and pepper 7 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms and eggplant are tender. Stir in 1 cup pasta sauce, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place cabbage leaves in boiling water 2 minutes, or until slightly softened. Using tongs, remove 1 leaf from water, and place outer side down in baking dish. Spoon about 1/3 cup “meat” mixture onto upper portion of leaf, and roll leaf tightly over filling. Place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients until all leaves are filled. Spoon remaining “meat” mixture and pasta sauce over leaves, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven, and serve.