Napa Cabbage Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette
30 minutes or fewer
If you like sushi flavors, you’ll love this crisp, light salad. Wasabi paste helps emulsify the vinaigrette and gives it a spicy kick.
- 1 Tbs. unseasoned (white) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. wasabi paste, or more to taste
- 3 Tbs. grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 ½ tsp. minced gari (pickled ginger)
- ¼ tsp. salt, optional
- ½ small head napa cabbage, thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 2 cups watercress
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (½ cup)
1. To make Wasabi Vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar and wasabi paste in bowl, or shake up in jam jar until combined. Whisk in oil or add oil to jar and shake until mixture is emulsified. Stir in gari and salt, if using.
2. To make Salad: Toss together all ingredients with Wasabi Vinaigrette in large bowl.
September 2012 p.48