Nectarine and Watercress Salad with Tarragon-Raspberry Dressing
30 minutes or fewer
To make this salad
super colorful, use a mix of yellow and white nectarines and yellow and red cherry tomatoes.
- ¼ cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 small shallots, cut into thin rings
- 1 large nectarine, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh tarragon leaves
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups watercress leaves and small, tender stems
- 2 nectarines, halved and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
- ½ small cucumber, halved and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans, for sprinkling
1. To make Dressing: pour vinegar over shallots in small bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Place nectarine, oil, tarragon, salt, and pepper in blender. Drain vinegar into blender; reserve shallots. Purée nectarine-vinegar mixture in blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To make Salad: Toss together watercress, nectarines, tomatoes, cucumber, and reserved shallots in large bowl. Drizzle with Dressing, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans.
September 2013 p.73