No-Bake Chocolate–Peanut Butter Pie
Jean Maxwell, a clinical dietitian from Suffolk, Va., serves this luscious dessert to her extended family at Thanksgiving. “They are Southern—very meat-and-potatoes—so the first time I made it, I did not mention the tofu,” she says. “They devoured it, then I told them, and they were shocked. They still ask for it every year.”
- 10 oz. semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 12 oz. silken tofu, sliced into 8 slabs and patted dry
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup vanilla soymilk
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
1. Melt chocolate chips in bowl in microwave on medium heat 15 seconds. Stir, scrape down sides of bowl, and heat 15 seconds more, or until chocolate has melted.
2. Combine melted chocolate, tofu, peanut butter, soymilk, agave nectar, and vanilla in blender or food processor, and process until smooth, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture into crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
November 2012 p.13