No-Bake Peanut Butter-Pretzel Cookies
Makes 48 cookies
30 minutes or fewer
Need a fast after-school snack? These salty-sweet nuggets are just the ticket.
- ½ cup vanilla-flavored powdered soy beverage
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. brown rice syrup
- 2 cups crushed mini pretzels
- ⅓ cup sweetened flake coconut, chopped, optional
1. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Whisk together powdered soy beverage with 2 Tbs. water in bowl. Stir in vanilla.
2. Warm peanut butter, sugar, and rice syrup in saucepan over medium heat 2 minutes, or until smooth. Stir in soy beverage mixture. Stir in crushed pretzels and coconut, if using, until evenly combined. Pinch off 1 Tbs.-size chunks of dough, and place on prepared baking sheet to cool. Cool cookies 10 minutes before serving.
September 2011 p.40