Nori, Egg, and Potato Rolls
Nori, the roasted sheets of seaweed used to make sushi, add a little extra something to a homey potato salad
- 2 medium white potatoes, cut into 3-inch matchsticks (12 oz.)
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ tsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped celery
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Tbs. reduced-fat vegan mayonnaise, such as Vegenaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 large sheets nori
1. Soak potatoes in cold water 15 minutes. Boil eggs 9 minutes; rinse and peel. Chop eggs, and transfer to bowl.
2. Drain potatoes, and toss with 1/2 tsp. paprika. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry potatoes 10 minutes, or until browned. Stir potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, and remaining 1/4 tsp. paprika into eggs. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Place 1 sheet nori on work surface. Spoon 1/2 cup potato mixture in center of nori sheet. Fold all 4 corners up, tuck in edges, and invert to create a round package. Repeat with remaining filling and nori. Chill 20 minutes, or until ready to serve.