Nutty Party Crunch
Serves 12 or more
Everybody loves a good party mix. This version tones down the salt and spices and incorporates dried fruit to complement the wine and cheese. If you can't find goji berries, try dried currants or raisins.
- 2 cups air-popped or low-fat microwave popcorn
- 2 cups mini spelt pretzels or other whole-grain pretzels
- 1 ½ cups whole-grain, lattice-woven cereal squares (or six-sided shapes)
- 1 cup puffed Kamut or puffed wheat cereal
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. sesame seeds
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Toss together popcorn, pretzels, lattice cereal, puffed cereal, almonds, maple syrup, sesame oil, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt in large bowl. Spread mixture in single layer on prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 35 minutes, or until toasted, stirring often. Cool. Transfer to serving bowl; stir in goji berries and cranberries.