Oat Flour Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
These cookies turn out crispy and light rather than chewy. To make them truly gluten-free, choose oat flour that is certified gluten-free; some brands risk cross-contamination with wheat during production and packaging.
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened (4 oz.)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free oat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon, optional
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream butter and sugars with electric mixer in large bowl until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
3. Combine oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (if using) in separate bowl; add to butter mixture, and mix well with electric mixer. Fold in chocolate chips with spatula or wooden spoon.
4. Drop dough in 1-tsp.-size balls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
September 2014 p.54