Orange-Date Oat Bars
These bars will satisfy your sweet tooth without sending you on a sugar high.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Simmer juice, dates, zest, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1 cup water 15 minutes over medium heat, or until thickened.
3. Pulse oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and remaining cinnamon several times in food processor. Add shortening, and blend until combined.
4. Press half oat mixture in prepared pan. Top with date mixture. Add pecans to remaining oat mixture. Press on top.
5. Bake 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Cool, and cut into bars.