Orzo with Lemony Leek Sauce
30 minutes or fewer
This pasta dish takes tender leeks out of the soup
pot to use as a light pasta sauce. Because leeks can be gritty, slice them vertically before chopping so that you can rinse between layers.
- 6 medium leeks, white parts only, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. parsley
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 16 oz. orzo pasta
- ½ lb. asparagus, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add leeks, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain, and purée in blender with lemon juice, parsley and oil. Set aside.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add asparagus to pasta water during last 2 minutes of cooking.
4. Drain pasta and asparagus, and transfer to large bowl. Top with leek sauce and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.