Oven-Fried Truffle “Chips”
- 3 lb. Idaho or russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 tsp. truffle oil
1. Cut potatoes into English-style “chips” by slicing lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick sticks. Transfer to large saucepan with enough salted water to cover, and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Drain, and cool.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Toss potatoes with oil in large bowl. Spread in single layer on prepared baking sheets, and bake 30 minutes, stirring potatoes and switching baking sheets from top to bottom racks every 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to bowl, and toss with parsley, Parmesan (if using), and truffle oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.January/February 2014 p.63