Pappardelle with Artichokes and Arugula
30 minutes or fewer
This dish is easy enough for weeknight suppers, but elegant enough for casual dinner parties.
- 1 6-oz. jar oil-packed artichoke hearts, drained, 1 Tbs. oil reserved
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, 1 Tbs. oil reserved
- ⅓ cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 6 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 8.8-oz. pkg. dry pappardelle pasta
1. Coarsely chop artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes; set aside.
2. Heat oil from artichokes and oil from tomatoes in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine, and cook 3 minutes, or until most of wine has evaporated. Stir in arugula, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted.
3. Meanwhile cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions, drain, and reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Return drained pasta to pot with reserved cooking liquid, and stir in artichoke mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
September 2010 p.34