Pasta e Ceci (Pasta with Chickpeas)
1. Heat oil in large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and rosemary sprigs, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion has softened.
2. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs.
3. Add chickpeas, and slightly mash with fork or potato masher to thicken soup.
4. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add pasta, and cook 1 minute less than package directions suggest.
5. Season soup with salt, if desired, and pepper. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. Parmesan and 1 tsp. basil.