Pasta ‘Tuna’ Salad
30 minutes or fewer
This tangy rendition of a classic pasta salad
is high in protein and great taste. It doubles beautifully and makes a terrific lunch the next day. Serve it in hollowed-out yellow and/or red tomatoes for a lovely presentation.
- 10 oz. small dried pasta shapes, such as twists or small shells
- 8-oz. pkg. baked marinated tofu (any flavor), finely diced
- 2 large stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup soy mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup chopped black olives
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
MEAL PLAN: While the pasta is cooking, boil some fresh corn on the cob to accompany the salad. Also, prepare a platter of crunchy carrot sticks and sliced radishes and strips of green or red bell peppers.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta; stir to prevent sticking. Cook according to package directions until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water until cool, then drain again. Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Cover and chill until needed or serve right away.