30 minutes or fewer
A vegetable peeler (or a Saladacco) turns zucchini and yellow squash into fettuccine-like ribbons.
- 2 medium-size zucchini
- 2 medium-size yellow squash
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
1. Shave zucchini and squash into ribbons using vegetable peeler.
2. Purée pine nuts, garlic, cilantro, basil, lemon juice, liquid aminos, and pinch of salt in food processor until smooth. Add tomatoes, and pulse until blended.
3. Toss squash ribbons with pesto. Season to taste with pepper, and serve.