Petite Lemon-Rosemary Cheesecakes
Rosemary’s heady aroma adds a sophisticated touch to a lemony cheesecake recipe. The leaves can be tough, so be sure to finely chop, then blend them with the other ingredients for the cheesecake filling.
- 6–8 shortbread cookies
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 24 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Strawberries or raspberries, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. To make Crust: Blend shortbread cookies and butter in food processor to coarse powder. Press into bottoms of 4 mini (4 1/2-inch) springform pans.
3. To make Filling: Blend cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, and zest in food processor until smooth. Add eggs, and blend until well combined. Add rosemary, and pulse until finely chopped and distributed throughout Filling.
4. Divide Filling among prepared pans, and gently tap each pan on cutting board or countertop to release any air bubbles. Place pans on rimmed baking sheet, and bake 20 minutes, or until just set, with edges ever-so-slightly puffed. (Do not overbake.) Cool on wire rack 45 minutes, then refrigerate 6 hours, or overnight. Unmold each cheesecake onto serving plate, and garnish with fresh berries.
April/May 2013 p.46