When making pizza crusts for desserts, consider incorporating 2 Tbs. agave nectar or honey into the dough mixture for a little sweetness.
- 6 oz. light cream cheese or silken firm or extra-firm tofu, drained
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. grated orange zest
- ½ fresh peeled and cored pineapple, sliced into rounds
- 2 tsp. canola or grapeseed oil for brushing pineapple
- 1 Par-Baked Pizza Crust
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted pistachios
1. Blend cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in food processor 3 minutes, or until smooth. Add vanilla and orange zest, and pulse until combined.
2. Brush grill grate well with oil, and preheat grill to medium. Brush pineapple with oil, and grill 5 minutes on each side, or until both sides have grill marks. Cool until easy to handle, then slice each round into quarters.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust, and top with pineapple, blueberries, and pistachios. Place pizza on grill, close lid, and grill 5 minutes, or until cream cheese is warmed through and crust is crispy.
July/August 2012 p.68