Pinto Bean-Cheddar Patties
30 minutes or fewer
30 minutes or fewer Coating these patties in breadcrumbs before cooking them in olive oil makes them nice and crisp on the outside. They are delicious with salsa and a green salad. If time is short, you can also make these with prepared dried breadcrumbs.
- 2 ½ cups fresh whole-grain breadcrumbs
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or soy cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs. canned chopped green chiles
- 2 Tbs. olive oil plus more if needed