Pistachio-Crusted Eggplant Cutlets
30 minutes or fewer
These cutlets make a quick, satisfying weeknight meal. Serve over warm couscous, bulgur, or Greek-Style Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- 6 oz. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 medium eggplant (1 lb.), peeled and cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices (6 to 8 slices each)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F, and coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Blend pistachios in blender or food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to plate or shallow bowl.
3. Add sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and garlic to blender or food processor (no need to rinse),
and purée until smooth.
4. Spray 1 side of each eggplant slice with cooking spray, and place sprayed-side down on baking sheet. Spread 2 Tbs. sun-dried tomato mixture on each eggplant slice, and sprinkle with 1 Tbs. ground pistachios. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until eggplant is tender and pistachio topping is browned and crispy.
January/February 2012 p.34