- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 1 Tbs. arrowroot powder
- 6 cups thinly sliced plums (3 lb.)
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup corn oil
- ¼ cup rice syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8-inch square baking pan with oil and flour, and set aside.
2. To make Plum Filling: Place apple juice in mixing bowl. Add arrowroot, and stir to dissolve. Add plums, and toss gently. Transfer to prepared pan, sprinkle with nutmeg, and set aside.
3. To make Crumble: Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Rub oil into mixture with your fingers, then drizzle in rice syrup while mixing with fork. Distribute evenly over Plum Filling.
4. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until topping is golden and fruit is bubbling. Serve warm.October 2008