Poblano White Chili
30 minutes or fewer
This quick chili gets its tang from goat cheese, lime juice, and poblanos.
- 3 cups cooked white beans or 2 15.5-oz. cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 recipe Rajas
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 3 oz. fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1. Bring beans, Rajas, broth, oregano, and cumin to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 2 minutes more.
2. Warm milk in separate saucepan. Add goat cheese, and stir until smooth. Serve chili garnished with goat cheese sauce, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro.
October 2010 p.75