Pseudo Satay Celery Sticks
Makes 30 sticks
30 minutes or fewer
The peanutty satay sauces of Southeast Asia inspired the sweet-and-spicy filling for this delicious appetizer or snack.
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1½ Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 4 tsp. sweet chile sauce, such as Mae Ploy, plus more for dipping
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 10 large celery stalks, each cut on bias into 3 sticks
- 3 large carrots, finely grated (1 cup)
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
1. Stir together peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, chile sauce, and soy
sauce in bowl until smooth.
2. Spread 1 tsp. peanut butter mixture inside each celery stick.
3. Stir together carrots and sesame seeds in small shallow dish. Dip celery sticks in carrot mixture, filling-side-down, to coat filling with carrots and sesame seeds. Serve with small bowl of chile sauce.
April/May 2012 p.60