Pumpkin Cheesecake Torte
Ingredient Set Name:
1 ⅓ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 double crackers)
4 Tbs. soft canola margarine
1 lb. soft tofu, drained
15-oz. can solid-pack pumpkin
4 oz. soy cream cheese (½ cup), at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ tsp. ground cinnamon, plus additional for dusting
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. ground allspice
¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8 1/2-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Make crust: In food processor, pulse graham cracker crumbs and margarine until evenly moistened. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and about 1/2 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Keep oven on for baking cheesecake.
- In food processor, puree tofu until smooth. Add pumpkin and process
- until blended. Add soy cheese, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves and process until smooth and well combined. Pour mixture into cooled crust and bake on center rack 45 minutes.
- Turn oven off. Let cheesecake cool in oven 1 hour without opening door. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate cheesecake at least 8 hours or overnight. (Don’t worry if cheesecake seems a little soft; it will firm up during chilling.)
- To serve, run a long, thin knife around inside edge of pan to loosen cake; remove sides of pan. Lightly dust top of cheesecake with cinnamon and serve at room temperature.