Pumpkin-Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
It took us four tries to get this recipe just right, but the result—a rich, creamy, pumpkin-flavored cheesecake laced with spice and swirled with chocolate—is truly spectacular.
- 1 & ½ cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 8-oz. pkg. Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin
- 1 & ½ Tbs. ground ginger
- 1 & ½ Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
To make Chocolate Crust:
2. Coat 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press into prepared pan, and bake 10 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate in bowl in microwave on medium power, stirring every 30 seconds to heat evenly. Set aside. Blend cottage cheese in food processor 3 minutes, until smooth. Add Neufchâtel cheese, brown sugar, eggs and flour, and process until smooth. Add pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, and process 1 minute, or until smooth.
4. Whisk 1 cup cream cheese batter into melted chocolate. Pour remaining batter into crust. Spoon dollops of chocolate mixture onto batter, and swirl with knife.
5. Bake cheesecake 1 & 1/2 hours, or until top is firm and cake is beginning to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely on wire rack, then chill well before unmolding and serving.