These light, chilled verrines are a great appetizer to serve before a hearty meal because they won't fill you up. Red quinoa makes the presentation extra eye-catching, but you can also use regular quinoa or steamed couscous or bulgur.
1. Bring quinoa, 1/4 tsp. chili powder, and 1 cup water to a boil in small saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 12 to 15 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed.
2. Whisk together 2 tsp. lime juice, oil, and remaining 1/4 tsp. chili powder in bowl. Add quinoa, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Divide quinoa among glasses. (Recipe can be prepared ahead up to this point; cover, and refrigerate up to 24 hours.)
4. Dice avocado, season with salt and pepper (if desired), and toss with Tabasco sauce and remaining 1 tsp. lime juice.
5. Divide avocado among glasses, and top each with pinch of sprouts. Serve immediately, with small forks or spoons.