Quinoa Fettuccine in Mushroom Broth with Truffle Oil
Truffle oil adds a luxurious flavor to the rich brothy sauce that coats slightly nutty-flavored, gluten-free quinoa
fettuccine. If you don't have truffle oil on hand, try the recipe with walnut
oil or a good-quality olive oil.
- 1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 12 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tsp. truffle oil, divided
- 8 oz. gluten-free quinoa fettuccine
1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat, add porcini mushrooms, and soak 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms; squeeze out and reserve excess soaking liquid.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shiitake and porcini mushrooms, shallots, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft. Add wine and porcini soaking liquid, and simmer 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are very tender. Add peas, and simmer 2 minutes more. Stir in parsley and 1 tsp. truffle oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta, and toss with mushroom sauce. Drizzle 1/2 tsp. truffle oil over each serving.