Quinoa with Pistachios, Parsley and Mint
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped mint
1. Toast pistachios in small skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until fragrant and golden brown. Transfer to cutting board, cool slightly, then chop and set aside.
2. Toast quinoa in heavy saucepan over medium heat 3 minutes, or until light brown and beginning to pop. Stir in salt and 2 cups water. Cover, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Transfer to serving bowl, and let cool.
3. Add parsley, oil, lemon juice, mint and toasted pistachios to cooled quinoa. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 20 minutes for flavors to develop. Adjust seasonings, adding a little more lemon juice, if necessary. Serve on bed of leaf lettuce, if desired.May 2006