30 minutes or fewer
Kids and adults will love this sweet-and-spicy stir-fry. Serve over brown rice.
- 3 Tbs. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 Tbs. hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp. chile-garlic sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ lb. green beans, halved crosswise
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 15-oz. can baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 8-oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Whisk together orange juice concentrate, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and chile-garlic sauce in small bowl.
2. Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add green beans, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add 3 Tbs. water; stir-fry 3 minutes more. Add cabbage, baby corn, bell pepper, edamame, and water chestnuts; stir-fry 4 minutes. Stir in green onions and orange juice mixture; cook 1 minute more.
December 2011 p.30