Roasted Beets with Tart Pink Grapefruit Glaze
Here’s a delicious way to spark roasted beets with a hit of zingy flavor. Make the glaze when the beets come out of the oven—it takes only about 10 minutes. A high-grade maple syrup (one with very subtle flavor) works best in this dish.
- 3 lb. beets, greens trimmed so 1 inch of stem remains
- 1 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 4 large grapefruit, peels cut off and segments cut out from between membranes