Roasted Brussels Sprouts Medley with Nori Strips
Finely sliced nori sheets add smoky flavor and crunch to roasted winter vegetables.
- 2 ½ cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 small red onions, cut into eighths (1 ½ cups)
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed (1 ½ cups)
- 3 small parsnips, sliced (1 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups whole baby carrots
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 sheets toasted nori
- ⅓ cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 1 Tbs. toasted walnut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Toss together Brussels sprouts, onions, sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, garlic, and olive oil in large bowl, making sure vegetables are coated with oil. Transfer vegetables to prepared baking sheet, and roast 35 to 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, cut or tear each nori sheet into 4 rectangles (you should have 8 pieces). Stack pieces on top of one another, and slice into thin strips.
4. Transfer vegetables to large serving bowl, and toss with hazelnuts, walnut oil, and nori strips. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
January 2010 p.44