Roasted Fennel with Parmesan Vinaigrette
Roasting fennel concentrates its natural sweetness. A sprinkling of Parmesan gives it a crunchy crust.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium fennel bulbs, quartered
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
2. Blend oil, garlic, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in mini food processor until smooth. Toss fennel with oil mixture and Parmesan in large bowl.
3. Place fennel on prepared baking sheet, and roast 35 to 40 minutes, or until fennel quarters are tender and outer edges are golden brown.