Roasted Potato Salad with Cantaloupe
Serve this warm main-dish potato salad
on a bed of watercress or arugula, which will wilt slightly from the potatoes’ heat.
- 3 lb. small red potatoes, cut into eighths
- 5 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 6-oz. soy chorizo sausage
- ½ small yellow onion, thinly sliced (½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 Tbs. dry sherry
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cantaloupe, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (2 cups)
- 1 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss potatoes with 2 Tbs. oil in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on baking sheet, and roast 40 minutes, or until tender and browned, stirring once or twice.
2. Meanwhile, remove chorizo from casing, and crumble into large skillet. Add 1 Tbs. oil, and sauté over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until chorizo is browned and crispy. Add onion and garlic, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes more, or until onion softens. Transfer to bowl, and stir in potatoes.
3. Whisk together remaining 2 Tbs. oil, sherry, and vinegar in small bowl. Add to potatoes, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Gently stir in cantaloupe chunks and chopped parsley. Serve warm.
June 2012 p.74