Roasted Ratatouille Pizza
Makes 1 12-inch pizza
Satisfyingly chewy roasted vegetables mean you won't miss the (mock) meat or cheese on this pie.
- 1 recipe Chewy Pizza Dough (click here for recipe)
- 1 28-oz. can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant, quartered and cut into ½-inch-thick slices (2 cups)
- 2 small yellow squash or zucchini, sliced into rounds (2 cups)
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. herbes de Provence
- ½ cup prepared marinara sauce or 1 recipe Quick Pizza Sauce (click here for recipe)
- ¼ cup black olives or capers, optional
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare Chewy Pizza Dough.
2. Drain tomatoes, and discard liquid. Halve each tomato lengthwise. Toss together tomatoes, eggplant, squash, red onion, oil, garlic, and herbes de Provence on baking sheet.
3. Roast vegetables 25 minutes, or until beginning to brown, tossing every 5 to 10 minutes. Cool 5 to 10 minutes, or store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
4. Meanwhile, shape Chewy Pizza Dough into 12-inch disk on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread with sauce, and top with vegetables. Sprinkle with olives or capers, if using.
5. Place on middle rack in oven, and preheat oven to 350°F with pizza in oven. Once oven reaches 350°F, bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottom is crisp.