Roasted Zucchini with Pistachios and Mint
30 minutes or fewer
Roasted zucchini gets dressed up with a lemony pistachio topping. Salting the zucchini just before you roast it helps prevent sogginess.
- 6 medium zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- 2 Tbs. minced mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Toss zucchini with oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Place zucchini cut side down on 2 baking sheets, making sure they aren’t crowded. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned on bottom. Flip zucchini over onto serving platter.
2. Place pistachios, mint, garlic, and lemon zest in small bowl, and stir to combine. Drizzle lemon juice over zucchini, and sprinkle pistachio mixture over top.
September 2013 p.65