Satay Noodle Salad
30 minutes or fewer
Lightly grilled vegetables are paired with fresh pasta and tossed in a creamy peanut sauce for a one-bowl meal that’s delicious hot or cold. Feel free to substitute your favorite seasonal vegetables for those in the recipe.
- 3 oz. fresh fettuccine (⅓ 9-oz. pkg.)
- 6 oz. stringless sugar snap peas
- 4 bunches baby bok choy, greens chopped, stem ends halved
- 6 radishes, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium Japanese eggplants, sliced diagonally
- 3 Tbs. natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chile sauce, such as sriracha
1. Coat grill pan or grill basket with cooking spray, and preheat over medium heat.
2. Cook noodles in boiling salted water 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, and cook 1 minute more. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to bowl.
3. Arrange bok choy stems, radishes, and eggplant slices on grill pan or in grill basket. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 6 minutes, turning once.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, and chile sauce in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Cut eggplant into strips. Slice bok choy stems and radishes. Add vegetables to noodle mixture, and toss with peanut sauce.
July/August 2013 p.30