Sautéed New Potatoes en Persillade
- 1 cup parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 lb. new potatoes (6 cups)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
1. Combine parsley and garlic in mound on cutting board; mince until pieces are size of sesame seeds. Set aside.
2. Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, and cool 10 minutes.
3. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add potatoes, and cook 2 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Stir, and cook potatoes 5 minutes more, or until golden brown on all sides, tossing 2 or 3 times. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add persillade, and sauté 30 seconds, or until fragrant, making sure not to let garlic brown.