Savory Mushroom ?Popover Pie?
Lesa Reitz of Sugar Land, Texas, submitted the recipe for this delicious dish for our 2004 reader recipe contest.
- 2 cups fresh sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced or cubed yellow squash
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. margarine
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup skim or low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup shredded Provolone cheese