Savory Oats with Brie and Cherry Tomatoes
30 minutes or fewer
Sub any cheese for the Brie, any chopped nuts for the pine nuts, and any fresh herb for the basil in this one-bowl dinner.
- 2 tsp. olive oil or butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp. salt, optional
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1½ oz. Brie, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 Tbs. toasted pine nuts
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, tomatoes, and salt (if using). Cook 5 minutes, or until shallot has softened and tomatoes start releasing their juices. Add oats; cook 1 minute more.
2. Stir in garlic and 4 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and dot with Brie. Sprinkle with basil and pine nuts.
March 2014 p.26