Savory Pumpkin Quiche
Makes 1 8-inch pieWho says pumpkin pie has to be sweet? This version goes together in no time and makes a great autumn supper served with whole-grain bread and a tossed salad.
- ½ cup low-fat Gruyère cheese
- 1 frozen 9-inch prepared piecrust
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin purée
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle cheese over bottom of piecrust.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Blend in pumpkin. Pour mixture over cheese in crust.
3. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F, and bake 45 to 50 minutes more, or until pie filling has set and tip of knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.