Seitan Hot Wings
- 2 Tbs. vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot or Texas Pete
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 8 oz. seitan, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ⅓ cups panko breadcrumbs
1. Whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce, maple syrup, and paprika in medium bowl. Add seitan, and stir until coated. Cover, and marinate 2 hours.
2. Heat oven to 350¬∞F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and coat with cooking spray.
3. Coat seitan with breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet, and spray with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes, flip, coat again with cooking spray, and cook 15 minutes more, or until golden-brown and crispy. Spear with toothpicks to serve.October 2011 p.53