Sesame Noodles with Napa Cabbage
This easy dish is equally good hot or cold, and leftovers make a great take-along lunch.
3 Tbs. reduced-fat peanut butter
2 Tbs. roasted sesame oil
2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbs. sherry or mirin (rice wine)
1 Tbs. rice vinegar
1 Tbs. sugar
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes or ½ tsp. chile sauce
10 oz. long noodles, such as udon or spaghetti
½ lb. napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Whisk together peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes in saucepan.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place cabbage in colander over sink. Warm sauce over medium-low heat.
- Drain noodles over cabbage in colander to wilt cabbage. Transfer noodles and cabbage to serving bowl, add sauce, and toss until combined.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.