Sesame-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Broccoli
30 minutes or fewer
For a change of pace, you can omit the spinach and serve this Asian medley over hot soba noodles or millet.
- 4 cups bite-size broccoli florets, halved lengthwise
- 2 small sweet potatoes, each cut into 16 wedges (1 lb.)
- 6 green onions, each cut into 4 segments
- 3 Tbs. toasted sesame oil, divided
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. mirin
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 6 cups baby spinach (8 oz.)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place broccoli, sweet potato wedges, and green onions in large bowl. Add 2 Tbs. sesame oil and salt; toss wellto coat. Spread vegetables on baking sheet, and roast 20 minutes, turning with spatula 2 or 3 times. Increase oven temperature to 500°F. Roast vegetables 10 minutes more, or until tender and browned.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together orange juice, tamari, rice vinegar, mirin, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, and remaining 1 Tbs. sesame oil in small bowl. Place spinach in large serving bowl, add roasted vegetables and orange juice mixture, and toss well to mix.