Sliced Artichoke and Baby Arugula Salad
30 minutes or fewer
Keep a jar or two of marinated artichoke hearts on hand in your cupboard and you can make this simple yet elegant salad
at a moment’s notice. Artichoke hearts are chewy and fibrous, so a sharp knife is necessary for clean slices.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 8 cups baby arugula leaves
- 8 oil-packed artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry, and cut in ¼-inch slices
- ¼ cup sliced pitted kalamata olives, optional
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan, optional
- 4 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
1. To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
April 2010 p.40
2. To make Salad: Toss together arugula, artichoke hearts, olives (if using), and Vinaigrette. Top with tomatoes, Parmesan (if using), and chives. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.