Soba Salad with Miso Vinaigrette
30 minutes or fewer
White miso, the mildest version of the soybean paste, is slightly sweet, and less salty than brown or red miso. We offer a range of amounts for it here, depending on how intense you like the flavor.
- 1–2 Tbs. white miso paste
- 8 oz. soba noodles
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. pickled ginger
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1½ sheets toasted nori, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water, drain, and place in large bowl.
2. Blend miso, sesame oil, rice vinegar, pickled ginger, and 3 Tbs. water in blender until smooth. Stir carrots, radicchio, green onions, nori, sesame seeds, and miso mixture into soba noodles. Serve cold.
October 2008 p.86